From: Ge Nidee on
My Canon 50D CR2-files (RAW) open fine in DPP, so as I understand the
RAW-conversion of DPP is OK.
When I open a CR2-file in PSP X2, the picture is much less brighter, less
colorfull and dull.
(Same problem in XNview and ACDSee)

Now I figured that in PSP X3 the RAW-conversion would be a whole lot better.
I got the trial version of X3 and indeed tried.
Great was my disappointment when the picture came out much lighter (too
light), still dullish and a lot of noise, compared to DPP.

What is it with these 3rd party programs, why can't a RAW-file be converted
like DPP does?
I hope someone can explain this. Thanks!

From: "Trev" trev_uk on

"Ge Nidee" <Ge(a)Nidee.com> wrote in message
> My Canon 50D CR2-files (RAW) open fine in DPP, so as I understand the
> RAW-conversion of DPP is OK.
> When I open a CR2-file in PSP X2, the picture is much less brighter, less
> colorfull and dull.
> (Same problem in XNview and ACDSee)
>
> Now I figured that in PSP X3 the RAW-conversion would be a whole lot
> better.
> I got the trial version of X3 and indeed tried.
> Great was my disappointment when the picture came out much lighter (too
> light), still dullish and a lot of noise, compared to DPP.
>
> What is it with these 3rd party programs, why can't a RAW-file be
> converted like DPP does?
> I hope someone can explain this. Thanks!

Many third party program's can but PSP's third party inclusion is not worth
the trouble. Especially as you have a Perfectly acceptable Program for that
purpose