From: MSAD on
Dear all,
Is there anybody can help me out on how to generate a programmed PWM
signal using F2812DSP board. It has been suggested that I may set-up one
of the PWM outputs such that is has a frequency of say 2^14*50 = 819.2
KHz. Next, quantize your waveform into 2^14 time slices. Set up the
Timer ISR on the DSP to load a duty ratio of 0 or 100 percent depending on
the state of the waveform in the next 1.22 us. could anybody help me how
to implement the above concept as I am really new to DSP.

thanks in advance

This message was sent using the Comp.DSP web interface on
www.DSPRelated.com
From: TheDoc on

"MSAD" <mdahidah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
> Is there anybody can help me out on how to generate a programmed PWM
> signal using F2812DSP board. It has been suggested that I may set-up one
> of the PWM outputs such that is has a frequency of say 2^14*50 = 819.2
> KHz. Next, quantize your waveform into 2^14 time slices. Set up the
> Timer ISR on the DSP to load a duty ratio of 0 or 100 percent depending on
> the state of the waveform in the next 1.22 us. could anybody help me how
> to implement the above concept as I am really new to DSP.
>
> thanks in advance
>

> This message was sent using the Comp.DSP web interface on
> www.DSPRelated.com

Take a look at the TI doc for the EV manager.. there is a simple explanation
for how to
generate a pwm output there..

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ug/spru065c/spru065c.pdf

From: MSAD on

>"MSAD" <mdahidah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Dear all,
>> Is there anybody can help me out on how to generate a programmed PWM
>> signal using F2812DSP board. It has been suggested that I may set-up
one
>> of the PWM outputs such that is has a frequency of say 2^14*50 = 819.2
>> KHz. Next, quantize your waveform into 2^14 time slices. Set up the
>> Timer ISR on the DSP to load a duty ratio of 0 or 100 percent depending
on
>> the state of the waveform in the next 1.22 us. could anybody help me
how
>> to implement the above concept as I am really new to DSP.
>>
>> thanks in advance
>>

>> This message was sent using the Comp.DSP web interface on
>> www.DSPRelated.com
>
>Take a look at the TI doc for the EV manager.. there is a simple
explanation
>for how to
>generate a pwm output there..
>
>http://focus.ti.com/lit/ug/spru065c/spru065c.pdf

Yes, I had that document, however Yet I am unable to figure out how, it
would be very much appreciated if you please supply me a simple detailed
example on how to generate PWM with F2812.
best regards

From: Brad Griffis on

>>"MSAD" <mdahidah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Dear all,
>>> Is there anybody can help me out on how to generate a programmed PWM
>>> signal using F2812DSP board. It has been suggested that I may set-up
> one
>>> of the PWM outputs such that is has a frequency of say 2^14*50 = 819.2
>>> KHz. Next, quantize your waveform into 2^14 time slices. Set up the
>>> Timer ISR on the DSP to load a duty ratio of 0 or 100 percent depending
> on
>>> the state of the waveform in the next 1.22 us. could anybody help me
> how
>>> to implement the above concept as I am really new to DSP.
>>>
>>> thanks in advance
>>>

>>> This message was sent using the Comp.DSP web interface on
>>> www.DSPRelated.com
>>
>>Take a look at the TI doc for the EV manager.. there is a simple
> explanation
>>for how to
>>generate a pwm output there..
>>
>>http://focus.ti.com/lit/ug/spru065c/spru065c.pdf
>>

> Yes, I had that document, however Yet I am unable to figure out how, it
> would be very much appreciated if you please supply me a simple detailed
> example on how to generate PWM with F2812.
> best regards
>

> This message was sent using the Comp.DSP web interface on
> www.DSPRelated.com

Check these out:

F281x C/C++ Header Files and Peripheral Examples
http://www-s.ti.com/sc/psheets/sprc097/sprc097.zip

There's an example called ev_pwm that turns on all the pwms such that you
can observe them on a scope.

Brad

From: Tim Wescott on
MSAD wrote:

> Dear all,
> Is there anybody can help me out on how to generate a programmed PWM
> signal using F2812DSP board. It has been suggested that I may set-up one
> of the PWM outputs such that is has a frequency of say 2^14*50 = 819.2
> KHz. Next, quantize your waveform into 2^14 time slices. Set up the
> Timer ISR on the DSP to load a duty ratio of 0 or 100 percent depending on
> the state of the waveform in the next 1.22 us. could anybody help me how
> to implement the above concept as I am really new to DSP.
>
> thanks in advance
>

> This message was sent using the Comp.DSP web interface on
> www.DSPRelated.com

(a) This is really the kind of thing that we all just have to struggle
through, usually at least once for each new processor. So unless
someone happens to have code lying around you need to start struggling.

(b) I think the suggestions about using the TI material are good. They
usually give a starting point that should get you where you need to go.
If you can handle embedded programming at all you can do it starting
from the TI material.

(c) This is really more an embedded software issue than a DSP one, even
if the software happens to be embedded in a DSP chip. comp.embedded may
be more helpful (or they may be as silent as us).

(d) If you're that desperate perhaps you should offer to pay someone to
do it for you.

(e) It's bad form to repeat posts like this.

(e1) Unless you have reason to believe that you're friends, or unless
you know the person on the other end is a pro AND YOU HAVE YOUR
CHECKBOOK READY, it is (IMHO) _really_ bad form to repeat posts like
this to individual's emails.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services