From: M Shafaat on
Hi,
I have an application in MS Access 2003 running under Windows XP SP3.
Whatever I do, I can't manage to make the page header in my subreports to
repeat on every new page of the master report that uses the subreport.

When I run the subreport itself, it is possible to repeat the header by
dragging the header to the "Page Header" section from "Report Header"
section of the subreport, but then it wouldn't be seen in the master report.

How can I resolve this?

Regards
M Shafaat

From: Allen Browne on
That's correct: the page header and footer are defined by the main report,
not subreports. To work around this, use a repeating group header in the
subreport.

1. Open the subreport in design view.

2. In the Sorting And Grouping pane, enter an expression that won't change,
e.g.:
=1

3. Indicate you want a Group Header on this expression.
Access adds a new section to the subreport.
Put your text in there.

4. Right-click the new section, and choose Properties.
On the Format tab of the Properties box, set:
Repeat Section Yes

The section now repeats on every page, i.e. it acts as a page header.