From: TS on
I have noticed that after switching to 3.5 from 2.0 after a server.transfer,
the page lifecycle of the new page run but when its done, it comes back to
the original page to finish the page lifecycle there. this causes errors in
my web application.

is there a change in 3.5 that causes this issue?

page_load of 1st page, => server.transfer => page_load/Render etc of 2nd
page => returns to 1st page to finish page_load and rest of events.

in 2.0, the executing code never returned to 1st page. We have exception
logging that is now getting filled up with these exceptions that it didn't
used to do in 2.0.

thanks

From: Vince Xu [MSFT] on
Hi,

Server.Transfer will go to the new page and never return back to the
orignal page whatever in Framework 3.5 or 2.0.
But Server.Excute will.
You can set a breakpoint to check what it does.
Please check this link about it:
http://www.dotnet-guide.com/serverexecute-servertransfer.html

--
Sincerely,

Vince Xu

Microsoft Online Support

From: TS on
it is a server.transfer. it is called from the page's base class (all pages
share same base class).

I have stepped thru the code and verified it happens like I said in 3.5:
page_load of 1st page => server.transfer called in page_load => page
lifecycle events run in 2nd page => returns to 1st page to line directly
after server.transfer to finish page_load and rest page lifecycle events.

in 2.0:
page_load of 1st page => server.transfer called in page_load => page
lifecycle events run in 2nd page and ends. The line after server.transfer is
never run.

please advise

From: Vince Xu [MSFT] on
Can you send me your demo project? v-vincex(a)microsoft.com

--
Regards,
Vince,

From: Vince Xu [MSFT] on