From: Janis on
I know there is a PHP for Microsoft databases. I am curious as to what is
the benefit of ASP versus PHP? DO you use PHP.net or just PHP? I have
developed PHP and MySQL and I also have developed some Access/SQL Server
databases. I have never done ASP but I have done some VBA.net. So can you
tell me a little bit about the difference between ASP and PHP and which is
preferable?

thanks,
From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Mar 10, 1:56 am, Janis <Ja...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I know there is a PHP for Microsoft databases.  I am curious as to what is
> the benefit of ASP versus PHP?  DO you use PHP.net or just PHP?  I have
> developed PHP and MySQL and I also have developed some Access/SQL Server
> databases.  I have never done ASP but I have done some VBA.net.  So can you
> tell me a little bit about the difference between ASP and PHP and which is
> preferable?
>
> thanks,

I'm not sure what does "PHP for Microsoft databases" and "PHP.net"
mean, but you probably look at

http://www.google.com/search?q=asp+vs+php

and

http://www.google.com/search?q=asp.net+vs+php

Because classic ASP is old and becoming antiquated.