From: aminer on

Hello

Parallel Quicksort using two cores, it is for educational purpose...

It uses my Thread Pool Engine and quicksort two arrays in parallel
and merge them....

Note: On Delphi it gave me 1.7x on two cores - with more
optimization,
delphi will give you better scalability...- . Freepascal gave me just
1.2x,
so, FreePascal still have to be optimized on 'some' parts for better
parallel
computing...

And please look at pqsort.pas inside the zip file - compile and
execute it...

You can download Parallel Quicksort from:

http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/

Language: FPC Pascal v2.2.0+ / Delphi 7+: http://www.freepascal.org/

Operating Systems: Win , Linux and Mac (x86).

Required FPC switches: -O3 -Sd -dFPC -dWin32 -dFreePascal

-Sd for delphi mode....

Required Delphi switches: -DMSWINDOWS -$H+

For Delphi 5,6,7 use -DDelphi

For Delphi 2005,2006,2007,2009,2010+ use the switch -DDELPHI2005+

Sincerely,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.