From: Luka Djigas on
What would be a good introductory text on the subject of parallel
computing currect capabilities of fortran, for someone who has no
knowledge of the matter?

It would be nice if it had some simple examples which could be
demonstated on today's home computers (multi processor, or multi core)
(meaning, not purely theoretical).
Doesn't have to be a book, a scripta or anything would do just as
well. I searched google a little, but it's hard to search for
something when you don't know what you're looking for.

pp, Luka
From: David Duffy on
Luka Djigas <ldigas@___gmail___.com> wrote:
> What would be a good introductory text on the subject of parallel
> computing currect capabilities of fortran, for someone who has no
> knowledge of the matter?

Maybe the linked books at http://www.co-array.org/?

David Duffy.
From: Colin Watters on

"David Duffy" <davidD(a)orpheus.qimr.edu.au> wrote in message
> Luka Djigas <ldigas@___gmail___.com> wrote:
>> What would be a good introductory text on the subject of parallel
>> computing currect capabilities of fortran, for someone who has no
>> knowledge of the matter?
>
> Maybe the linked books at http://www.co-array.org/?
>
> David Duffy.

Maybe not quite so "introductory", but nevertheless:

www.openmp.org, in particular

www.openmp.org/presentations/miguel/F95_OpenMPv1_v2.pdf

--
Qolin

Email: my qname at domain dot com
Domain: qomputing

From: Saman Abbas on
On Nov 23, 11:38 pm, Luka Djigas <ldigas@___gmail___.com> wrote:
> What would be a good introductory text on the subject of parallel
> computing currect capabilities of fortran, for someone who has no
> knowledge of the matter?
>
> It would be nice if it had some simple examples which could be
> demonstated on today's home computers (multi processor, or multi core)
> (meaning, not purely theoretical).
> Doesn't have to be a book, a scripta or anything would do just as
> well. I searched google a little, but it's hard to search for
> something when you don't know what you're looking for.
>
> pp, Luka

If it involves parallel dense/sparse linear algebra then you can start
with examples in ScaLapack/Petsc.
From: rudra on
On Nov 24, 5:38 am, Luka Djigas <ldigas@___gmail___.com> wrote:
> What would be a good introductory text on the subject of parallel
> computing currect capabilities of fortran, for someone who has no
> knowledge of the matter?

when I started to learn OpenMP, I got a book "Using OpenMP" which
covers both C and fortran. I dont know if you really want it or some
more look in "How parallel algo. work", but if you want to write code
in openmp, that book is a good choice.

F95_OpenMPv1_v2 is also a good article, available free over internet,
hast a flowchart type representation of the omp declaration, but less
example.
you may also look at https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/openMP/exercise.html

Best