From: valigula on
Hi all,

I need to run a function/procedure/script using a dblink between two
servers.
The query itself uses two views on the remote server, the views are
only effectives when passing 1 paramente, I need to run 20 k (ish). As
an interim solution i create a function that do the select one at the
time , but the time consuming it is quiet large and thinking on
turning it, I was suggested to parallelise the function call within
the select. But not really clear in how to do that.

Any ideas or suggestions wil be appretiatte
From: Robert Klemme on
On 08.05.2010 10:49, valigula wrote:
> I need to run a function/procedure/script using a dblink between two
> servers.
> The query itself uses two views on the remote server, the views are
> only effectives when passing 1 paramente, I need to run 20 k (ish). As

I do not know how to "pass a parameter to a view". I know only how to
pass parameters to a function or maybe a view definition. What are you
trying to do?

> an interim solution i create a function that do the select one at the
> time , but the time consuming it is quiet large and thinking on
> turning it, I was suggested to parallelise the function call within
> the select. But not really clear in how to do that.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions wil be appretiatte

Please provide the version or Oracle you are working with as well as the
schema. From what you wrote it is not clear to me what exactly you are
trying to do.

As a first general idea: if you need to join the two remote views why
not create a third view for the join on the remote machine and query that?

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Sat, 08 May 2010 01:49:38 -0700, valigula wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to run a function/procedure/script using a dblink between two
> servers.
> The query itself uses two views on the remote server, the views are only
> effectives when passing 1 paramente, I need to run 20 k (ish).

You should be in good shape to run 20k. I ran 5k (3m) on the treadmill
last night and it was absolutely exhausting.

> As an
> interim solution i create a function that do the select one at the time
> , but the time consuming it is quiet large and thinking on turning it, I
> was suggested to parallelise the function call within the select. But
> not really clear in how to do that.
>

> Any ideas or suggestions wil be appretiatte

Shoot your application designer or, worse, force him to learn about
materialized views and STREAMS.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com