From: Merciadri Luca on
From: rs1n on
Input:
2: list of variables
1: function

In the program below, the "d" stands for the derivative command.

store the program below as PARTIAL:
<<
OVER SIZE 1 SWAP
FOR n
OVER n GET d
NEXT
SWAP DROP

Example: Compute the mixed second partial of f(x,y) = x^2 * y + e^(y
* x)

2: { X Y }
1: 'X^2*Y + EXP(Y*X)

PARTIAL

returns:

'2*X + (EXP(Y*X) + (X* EXP(Y*X)))'

On Dec 8, 10:21 am, Merciadri Luca <Luca.Mercia...(a)student.ulg.ac.be>

From: Merciadri Luca on
From: rs1n on
Just use the same program. For example:

\[ \frac{\partial^3 f}{\partial y^3} f(x,y) \]

Using the same example as before, put on the stack:

2: { Y Y Y }
1: '2*X^2*Y+EXP(Y*X)'

and run the program. This will give you the desired third partial
derivative with respect to y. If the list on level 2 contains n
variables, then you are computing the n-th partial, with respect to
whichever variable is in the list (left-most variable first; of
course, the order does not matter since the variables are linearly
independent)

From: Merciadri Luca on

Pages: 1
Prev: HP48G back to life...