From: Julie on
Have a 160G HHD. I want to make one partition, but I'm limited to 127G. Is
it possible to make a partition > then 127G? Tried EASEUS Partition Master,
Paragon Partition Manager, & Norton PartitionMagic. All limit me to 127G -
System Volume Information.

Thanks

From: Jerry on
The 127Gb limit is becaause of your BIOS - check the motherboard
manufacturer's web site to see if there as an update to the BIOS to allow
for larger hard drives.

From: Bob I on
How to enable 48-bit Logical Block Addressing support for ATAPI disk
drives in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303013

From: Don Phillipson on
"Julie" <julieb(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> Have a 160G HHD. I want to make one partition, but I'm limited to 127G. Is
> it possible to make a partition > then 127G? Tried EASEUS Partition
Master,
> Paragon Partition Manager, & Norton PartitionMagic. All limit me to 127G -
> System Volume Information.

It is usually the BIOS that limits the size of a HD partition.
It may also matter whether you want FAT32 or NTFS format.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: Db on