From: super soaker on

From what I have heard so far, Microsoft do not support spanning the
system partition across multiple disks. You could try somthing like
copying or moving all data off of the second partition, deleting that
partition extending C into the free space, then recreating the second
partition and copying the data back. Of course you may need to disable
services during this move/copy but I am not sure there is any other way
around it.

--
super soaker
super soaker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/16788.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: happyhacker on

Not sure I understand that. I want to shrink the C to obtain two other
partitions of equal size. Reading the figures above I only see about
500Gbyte available after shrinking. I am trying to do this wthout
reinstalling. Is that the quickest way.

PS note I said that this is a fresh install i.e. there is no data except
what the install may have created.

--
happyhacker
happyhacker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/188993.htm

From: einstein_007 on

As server partition software, EASEUS Partition Master Server Edition can
extend SBS 2008 Server partition safely with simple operations by its
"Resize/Move" feature. Moreover, EASEUS Partition Master can extend NTFS
system partition without reboot and be booted from a bootable USB drive.
The following is step-by-step instructions to extend SBS 2008 Server
system partition.

--
einstein_007
einstein_007's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/37181.htm

From: happyhacker on

einstein_007;5030961 Wrote:
> The following is step-by-step instructions to extend SBS 2008 Server
> system partition.

Einstein, thanks. If you could point me to those instructions?