From: rbennu on
Currently using excel2003 with the following UDF

Function EmpName(nam3 As String)
Select Case nam3
Case "John"
EmpName = "First"
Case "Doe"
EmpName = "Last"
End Select
End Function

This works if I use a cell reference i.e. A1=John, =EmpName(A1) but fails if
I use =EmpName(John). I can get both forms to work if I am passing a number
and evalualting the case as a number. How do i get it to use =EmpName(John)?

Thank you in advance
From: Joe User on
"rbennu" wrote:
> How do i get it to use =EmpName(John)?

=EmpName("John")

just you use strings in any Excel formula.

----- original messages -----

From: rbennu on
Much Thanks!