From: qjpus on
Hi,

I would like to be able to create an object from one process
(proc1.exe) and somehow pass instance os it to another process
(proc2.exe). Obviously this has to be out-of-process object.
Best approximation I have is
1) create instance in proc1.exe and make it active using
RegisterActiveObject (proc1.exe is non-managed C++ application),
2) start proc2.exe from proc1.exe (CreateProcess WinAPI call) and
obtain active object instance using GetObject from proc2.exe
(proc2.exe is and MUST be vb6 app).

That is not bad, but semmes to limit functionality to only single
instance of a pair proc1.exe, proc2.exe:
starting 1st instance of proc1.exe, proc1.exe creates object and
registers it as active object, then starts 1st instance of proc2.exe
and proc2.exe calling GetObject gets reference to the instance just
created by proc1.exe.

However on starting second instance of proc1.exe I think that may not
work too well. That just does not look 'elegant' enough resetting
systemwide active object instance, smells like ugly global variable
solution.

Ideally I would like to start either from proc1.exe or from command
line proc2.exe and pass it some data that would let him properly
identify particular instance of object created by particular
proc1.exe, i.e. properly couple proc1.exe proc2.exe instances.

Regards,