From: Skybuck Flying on
Hello,

I like to share a short story with you how I once told somebody my password
by accident:

I was trying to login to hotmail/my account and at the same time msn
messenger/windows live, game/chat rooms and what not were active...

As I was about to type in my password, a (messaging) pop-up occured, I can't
remember exactly... but it was probably a windows live messenger message
pop-up...

I was probably looking at my keyboard trying to type in my password... or
because I coudn't see what I was typing... I typed in my password into msn
messenger/windows live/message and quickly pressed enter... (I was also very
busy that day, with chatting and helping people out... it was kinda
hectic...)

So in all that hectic I made a mistake... but mostly because of the pop-up
which "stole the focus from what I was trying to do/accomplish (which was
trying to login securely)".

The moral of the story and the tip for the future how this could have been
prevented by the operating system/software:

"Password fields should not be allowed to be "interrupted"".

Anyway... as soon as I realized what happened... I immediatly logged in to
my account, and changed my password before anybody could figure out what the
hell I was babling about ;) :)

It kinda sux... because now I am stuck with a password that I didn't really
want :)

So that's why I am kinda telling this story... and it could also some day
have some nasty consequences for other people... (<-if it isn't fixed...)
for example: people who can't change the password (so fast or not at all)
once it gets revealed...

Bye,
Skybuck.