From: Sharon Clift on
One of our users needs to send password protected emails to one of our
clients. While it is possible password protect a Word Document it doesn't
seem to work in Outlook XP. Before sending the message the user can go in to
Tools --> Options --> Security and add a password to the document, however
when the email message sent to the recipient a password is not required to
view the email.

We use a mixture of Outlook XP, Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 all running
off an Exchange 2003 server.

Can anyone give me advice on the best way to send secure email to a
particular client?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Sharon
From: Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] on
Email messages don't support password-protection. You might want to consider sending the password-protected information as an attached document.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

From: Sharon Clift on
Many thanks for your reply, we had thought of that but were hoping there was
another way. Is there an easy way to encrypt the email if password
protection isn't an option?
--
Many Thanks

Sharon