From: T Shadow on
"Gomez" <gomez(a)automail.com> wrote in message
>I have a mini DVD drive in my XP machine. Is there a way to copy&paste
>files as if it were a standar disk(this is simply doen in my Windows Vista
>machine)?
> Regards
> Gomez

No! XP only supports CD burning natively. It needs to be turned on in the
drives properties. Nero or Roxio would make it possible and you might be
able to find a freebie on sourceforge. net or
similar.

What do you mean by "mini DVD drive" ? Mini DVD can be a CD video disc. but
it's still a CD disc but needs to be authored . Suppose it's possible
someone made a DVD drive that only uses small discs but I'm unaware of any.

By the way a disk is a floppy or hard drive platter. CDs and DVDs are discs.
Not nit picking it just helps to keep things clear.

From: Shenan Stanley on
Gomez wrote:
> I have a nero ver. 7. Is it supported?
> If not can you indicate another one?

Supported by what?

Windows XP?
Your particular drive?
The company that created it?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Gomez on
Please look at the starting post in the thread...

From: Shenan Stanley on

Gomez wrote:
> Please look at the starting post in the thread...
> Is there a way to copy&paste files
> as if it were a standar disk(this is simply doen in my Windows Vista
> machine)?

Nero is not a Microsoft product. If you wish to know more about it (or in
this case, a particular version of it) you need to visit the web page of the
manufacturer of said product, refer to your manuals, FAQs, PDFs, etc for
said product.

This is is a Windows XP based newsgroup about hardware issues and Windows
XP. You have been told - in no uncertain terms - that Windows XP never has
(never likely will) natively support DVD writing. CD writing, yes. But
Packet Writing - what you refer to as 'as if it were a standard disk' - is
not support either (CD or DVD.)

Nero 7 may have this feature - that version is fairly old.

What I suggest is you learn more about what you can/cannot do in Windows XP.
Don't expect it to do what your Windows Vista or Windows 7 machines can out
of the box and don't expect them to gain those features natively. Windows
Vista is the upgraded version for Windows XP and Windows 7 is the upgraded
version of Windows Vista. Windows XP is approaching 9 years old (since
release to manufacturing) this year. That is very ancient to even still be
a supported operating system, ;-)

This web page is prime reading:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php

Hopefully that, the keywords provided by that and this answer (used in a
Google search) and Nero's support page will get you where you need.

BTW - reading your original post (entire conversation) doesn't really answer
what I asked about. You asked, "I have a nero ver. 7. Is it supported?" and
I asked you, "Supported by what?". You said you are looking to copy/paste
files to a mini-DVD like a standar[d] disk. So - again - you asking if Nero
v.7 is supported - by what?

Or did you mean (twice now) - Does Nero support writing to DVD via drag and
drop? The answer may be 'yes' - if Nero 7 came with "InCD" - their Packet
Writing software.

http://www.nero.com/enu/support.html

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: T Shadow on

>>> I have a nero ver. 7. Is it supported?
>>> If not can you indicate another one?

If the version/level/package you have, has InCD. InCD4 Came with my Nero V6
Ultimate. May not with lesser or especially OEM. I don't use it.

Google something like: free disc "packet writing software". Roxio has it too
but don't know thier structuring.