From: tmc on
I'm creating a presentation for a non-profit board of directors. They are
fairly rigid in the format they want to see, so power point format is
required.

What i am looking to do is paste ~1,000 rows of data from excel, into
powerpoint, with 30 rows on each slide. The only way i can seem to get this
to work is to manually copy and paste for every slide. Is there any way to
do this in one step?
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <A4E10B44-231D-4DEB-A0D3-C5A9398F0112(a)microsoft.com>, Tmc wrote:
> I'm creating a presentation for a non-profit board of directors. They are
> fairly rigid in the format they want to see, so power point format is
> required.
>
> What i am looking to do is paste ~1,000 rows of data from excel, into
> powerpoint, with 30 rows on each slide. The only way i can seem to get this
> to work is to manually copy and paste for every slide. Is there any way to
> do this in one step?

How's your VBA?

If your immediate response to that question is "What's VBA?" it's probably time
to stop reading. ;-)

If you have some experience at coding, vist http://www.pptfaq.com and search on
Naresh Nichani (a search for just Naresh should do it).

Naresh and Brian Reilly cooked up some examples that show how to pull data from
Excel or Access and bring it into PPT tables.

It might or might not work with PPT2007; MS made a mess of them from the coding
POV.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint