From: Dr.Robert on
I want to paste a new instance of a Building Block that includes check boxes
to incrementally add to a journal (patient record, in this case). I need a
way to paste a protected section into a document—preferably as a Building
Block— which will be, once inserted, ALREADY protected. In other words, I
don't want to have to do an insert and then protect the section I just
inserted as a separate step.

As a work around, or in fact another addition to Word, the addition of a
simple object that may be changed from one state to another on a single click
(as in checked vs unchecked check box) WITHOUT protection would be a good
addition that I have often wished for, for simpler applications where
protection, with all its complexity for a casual user, would be unnecessary.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f9a81e0b-ff59-4173-8fc6-8ab85e4eca07&dg=microsoft.public.word.vba.general
From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
I assume that you are talking about a document that is protected for Filling
in Forms.

If that is the case, I would have the section containing the check boxes as
a separate document and use code to unprotect the form, insert that document
and then re-apply the protection to the form

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.