From: Benjamin Allen on
I tried the below instructions and no luck. Good idea though.

I changed the path to:

path = /home

as a test. I was able to enter the folder with no access denied errors.
Something thinks differently of "/home" then they do of "/srv" or "/share."
Any idea why this could be?

Thank you,

Ben

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Chris Smith <smb_77(a)chrissmith.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Benjamin Allen <ballen(a)jeffcolib.org>
> wrote:
> > It seems like an obvious error of "Permission denied."
>
> I would go a step further.
>
> Make sure you have a valid username map, for example:
> ======================================
> $ cat /etc/samba/smbusers
> root = administrator
> nobody = guest
> ======================================
> assuming 'nobody' is your nix guest account, if not define it with the
> 'guest account' parameter and create/edit the file accordingly
>
> With a corresponding line in the global section of smb.conf:
> ======================================
> username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
> ======================================
>
> Be sure to keep your:
> ======================================
> map to guest = Bad User
> ======================================
> entry as well.
>
> Then add:

Benjamin T. Allen
Junior Network Administrator
Jefferson County Library Central Services
Solved!

The magic command was chmod 755 "/dev/mapper/nhvg"

I wouldn't have thought the permissions on the volume group itself would
cause that error, but it seems so. When I mounted /home to the Volume Group,
the error recurred. Usually I have no problem with the permissions on
devices.

Thank you all for your time!

Ben

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Benjamin Allen <ballen(a)jeffcolib.org> wrote:
> I tried the below instructions and no luck. Good idea though.

Right. The idea was to take Samba permissions out of the equation
which would then lead in the proper direction for a solution.

Chris