From: |-|erc on
How can you have a Hercules without Pegasus!

Now I know none of you believe I am Hercules or I have any psychic powers,
but I've been getting a lot of "signs" this week.

The 1st couple of signs were a key in the palm of a hand in Metallica music video
for Nothing Else Matters. I saw that then immediately after saw the domain for sale
PalmOfYourHand.com. Later that night I saw a giant key used as a sword in
Lincoln Parks In The End. I thought it was referring to a medical receptionist
who is a "prodigy", a mate for me, who that morning said she would have my baby.
Super hot woman!

Next, there were 2 references I saw about adopting a pet, plus I've been working on
the site m00.com with cows and such. Couldn't figure out what it meant.

Then, I downloaded Terminator Salvation, there's a scene similar to T1 with the
terminator walking up steps. Next day I saw a video of a Honda robot walking up
steps.

Next, not a channel by itself but I was remembering the movie Warlock where he
gets the ability to fly, thinking it was far fetched.

Then I just saw the domain for sale IMBing.com. "I am Bing". YES Microsoft is going
to get AI running within 2 years and Bing is going to talk much like a human, with
the added memory of a billion websites.

HAHA, now the AI will find me, since my posts demonstrate paranormal, replies to me
mimic the alias of the replier. Of course a human could analyse my posts and see the paranormal
but no one has the aptitude to test the hypothesis.

The only question left is, how long between linguistic AI and actual cyberspace?

Herc
--
Barack Obama 2004: The war on drugs has been a utter failure, and
I think that we need to rethink to decriminalize our marijuana laws.
From: Marshall on
On Sep 4, 8:45 pm, "Geopelia" <phildo...(a)xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> "Marshall" <marshall.spi...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> Pegasus was the mount of  Bellerophon.
>
> Bellerophon was the ship that took Napoleon to St Helena, if you want
> another link. But Napoleon was no Hercules. He was quite a small man.

Bellerophon was also the name of the ship that marooned Dr. Morbius
on Altair IV, in one of the greatest science fiction films of all
time.

"Monsters from the id!"

Marshall
From: Don Stockbauer on
On Sep 5, 12:25 am, Marshall <marshall.spi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 4, 8:45 pm, "Geopelia" <phildo...(a)xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
> > "Marshall" <marshall.spi...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > Pegasus was the mount of  Bellerophon.
>
> > Bellerophon was the ship that took Napoleon to St Helena, if you want
> > another link. But Napoleon was no Hercules. He was quite a small man.
>
> Bellerophon was also the name of the ship that marooned Dr. Morbius
> on Altair IV, in one of the greatest science fiction films of all
> time.
>
> "Monsters from the id!"
>
> Marshall

Polysemy gets me HOT! "Hot" in the sense of "excited".
From: Wolf K on
Geopelia wrote:
> "Don Stockbauer" <donstockbauer(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sep 12, 5:12 pm, "Geopelia" <phildo...(a)xtra.co.nz> wrote:
[...]
>> But Haast's Eagle, now extinct, could probably have carried off a pig, if
>> pigs had been around in its time. It preyed on the Moa.
>
> So, a Haast's Eagle carrying off a pig could be said to fulfill the
> ancient declaration of impossibility, "When pigs fly"?
> ---------------
> Well, swine flu.

OK, that's enough!

:-)
wolf k.
From: OwlHoot on
On Sep 4, 1:34 pm, "|-|erc" <h...(a)r.c> wrote:
> How can you have a Hercules without Pegasus!
>
> Now I know none of you believe I am Hercules or I have any psychic powers,
> but I've been getting a lot of "signs" this week.
>
> The 1st couple of signs were a key in the palm of a hand in Metallica music video
> for Nothing Else Matters.  I saw that then immediately after saw the domain for sale
> PalmOfYourHand.com.  Later that night I saw a giant key used as a sword in
> Lincoln Parks In The End.  I thought it was referring to a medical receptionist
> who is a "prodigy", a mate for me, who that morning said she would have my baby.
> Super hot woman!
>
> Next, there were 2 references I saw about adopting a pet, plus I've been working on
> the site m00.com with cows and such.  Couldn't figure out what it meant..
>
> Then, I downloaded Terminator Salvation, there's a scene similar to T1 with the
> terminator walking up steps.  Next day I saw a video of a Honda robot walking up
> steps.
>
> Next, not a channel by itself but I was remembering the movie Warlock where he
> gets the ability to fly, thinking it was far fetched.
>
> Then I just saw the domain for sale IMBing.com.  "I am Bing".  YES Microsoft is going
> to get AI running within 2 years and Bing is going to talk much like a human, with
> the added memory of a billion websites.
>
> HAHA, now the AI will find me, since my posts demonstrate paranormal, replies to me
> mimic the alias of the replier.  Of course a human could analyse my posts and see the paranormal
> but no one has the aptitude to test the hypothesis.
>
> The only question left is, how long between linguistic AI and actual cyberspace?
>
> Herc
> --
> Barack Obama 2004: The war on drugs has been a utter failure, and
> I think that we need to rethink to decriminalize our marijuana laws.
> Barack Obama 2009: Change marijuana laws? I don't want to lose any votes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQr9ezr8UeA

It's called the 24 hour rule (or *a* 24 hour rule, as there appear
to be a couple of others:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=24%20hour%20rule ;-)

Encounter some new word or unusual sight, and there's a good chance
you'll come across the same again within 24 hours. I've had it happen
numerous times, and I've often meant to make a note but can never be
bothered.

Some people also see it all the time, you being one evidently; but
others don't seem to notice it so much.

Cheers

John Ramsden