From: moongeegee on
I need Perl 5.8.3 for Windows XP, but could not find the download web
site.
Please help.
From: sreservoir on
On 5/2/2010 9:30 AM, moongeegee wrote:
> I need Perl 5.8.3 for Windows XP, but could not find the download web
> site.
> Please help.

why specifically 5.8.3? that's... ancient.

unless it's for debugging purposes, you don't want it, but you should
try cpan/ports or grab a copy of the source and compile it yourself.

--

"Six by nine. Forty two."
"That's it. That's all there is."
From: moongeegee on
On May 2, 9:49 am, sreservoir <sreserv...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/2/2010 9:30 AM, moongeegee wrote:
>
> > I need Perl 5.8.3 for Windows XP, but could not find the download web
> > site.
> > Please help.
>
> why specifically 5.8.3? that's... ancient.
>
> unless it's for debugging purposes, you don't want it, but you should
> try cpan/ports or grab a copy of the source and compile it yourself.
>
> --
>
>   "Six by nine. Forty two."
>   "That's it. That's all there is."
>   "I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe.."

I don't need the 8.5.3 software anymore.
Thanks
From: Ben Morrow on

Quoth sreservoir <sreservoir(a)gmail.com>:
> On 5/2/2010 9:30 AM, moongeegee wrote:
> > I need Perl 5.8.3 for Windows XP, but could not find the download web
> > site.
> > Please help.
>
> why specifically 5.8.3? that's... ancient.
>
> unless it's for debugging purposes, you don't want it, but you should
> try cpan/ports or grab a copy of the source and compile it yourself.

Better would be to get the latest version from strawberryperl.com.
Compiling perl under Win32 is not entirely straightforward.

Ben

From: J�rgen Exner on
moongeegee <moongeegee(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On May 2, 9:49�am, sreservoir <sreserv...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 5/2/2010 9:30 AM, moongeegee wrote:
>> > I need Perl 5.8.3 for Windows XP, but could not find the download web
>> > site.
>>
>> why specifically 5.8.3? that's... ancient.
>
>I don't need the 8.5.3 software anymore.

???

jue