From: David H. Lipman on
From: "The Central Scrutinizer" <gcisko(a)hotmail.com>

| Which is why you have to boot with a CD to be able to scan these files.
| Avast BART
| CD routinely will find malware/virii in the pagefile. You cannot scan your
| disk from
| the OS that may be compromised. Anyone who does may be incompetent :-)

| Greg

There is NO reason to scan these files for "virii" 'cause there isn't such a thing as
'viri' or 'virii'.

--
Dave

From: FromTheRafters on
<vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com> wrote in message
> Are these legit?
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\CardSpace\CardSpaceSP2.db: Permission denied
> C:\pagefile.sys: Permission denied
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default: Permission denied
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM: Permission denied
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY: Permission denied
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software: Permission denied
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system: Permission denied

The last five are registry storage files, the second is the virtual
memory paging file, and the first appears to a
be a database file. All are being protected by the OS which is
completely normal.

From: vjp2.at on
Much obliged.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

From: Dustin Cook on
"The Central Scrutinizer" <gcisko(a)hotmail.com> wrote in news:hnn57b$4mf$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

> Um is what legit? the filenames??? Or the fact that something says
> permission denied? You do not even give the context.

You really should know those filenames... Even if you know nothing else,
those you should know. I'll give you a hint. Some of them make up the
registry in windows. *grin*.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: The Central Scrutinizer on
Well no kidding. But the original post was totally without context.

"Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> "The Central Scrutinizer" <gcisko(a)hotmail.com> wrote in news:hnn57b$4mf$1
> @speranza.aioe.org:
>
>> Um is what legit? the filenames??? Or the fact that something says
>> permission denied? You do not even give the context.
>
> You really should know those filenames... Even if you know nothing else,
> those you should know. I'll give you a hint. Some of them make up the
> registry in windows. *grin*.
>

> --
> "Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
> this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: OnsTep Search Uninstall
Next: Avira not updating