From: Oliver Mertens on
Hello folks,

I am trying to uninstall Adobe Photoshop CS on my Windows
XP machine. I am using "Add or Remove Programs" in the
Control Panel. But the following windows are popping up

The first one is displaying
"> SetupDLL.cpp (442)
PAPP:Adobe Photoshop CS and ImageReady CS PVENDOR:Adobe
(http://www.adobe.com)
PGUID:EFB21DE7-8C19-4A88-BB28-A8766E16493BC
$7.1.100.1248
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 0.64"

and the second one
"Setup has experienced an error.

Please do the following:
- Close any running programs
- Empty your temporary folder
- Check your Internet connection (Internet-bases Setups)

Then try to run Setup again.

Error code: -5001"

The suggestions in the second window are not helpful at all:
There are no other programs running. I don't exactly know
what is meant by temporary folder.
Which temporary folder is meant?
What has the Internet connection to do with my aim
to uninstall Adobe Photoshop?

I have searched for solutions on the internet. But
I have just found the following
http://adobe.groupbrowser.com/t180867.html
with no appropriate answer.

Does anyone know how to resolve my problem in
unstalling Adobe Photoshop CS?

Thank you,
Oliver
From: jjs on
What happens if you reinstall it? Doing so will either establish all the
files necessary, update the registry and allow deinstall, or fail with a
possibly more useful error message.

From: KatWoman on

"Oliver Mertens" <oliver_mertens(a)directbox.com> wrote in message
> Hello folks,
>
> I am trying to uninstall Adobe Photoshop CS on my Windows
> XP machine. I am using "Add or Remove Programs" in the
> Control Panel. But the following windows are popping up
>
> The first one is displaying
> "> SetupDLL.cpp (442)
> PAPP:Adobe Photoshop CS and ImageReady CS PVENDOR:Adobe
> (http://www.adobe.com)
> PGUID:EFB21DE7-8C19-4A88-BB28-A8766E16493BC
> $7.1.100.1248
> @Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 0.64"
>
> and the second one
> "Setup has experienced an error.
>
> Please do the following:
> - Close any running programs
> - Empty your temporary folder
> - Check your Internet connection (Internet-bases Setups)
>
> Then try to run Setup again.
>
> Error code: -5001"
>
> The suggestions in the second window are not helpful at all:
> There are no other programs running. I don't exactly know
> what is meant by temporary folder.
> Which temporary folder is meant?
> What has the Internet connection to do with my aim
> to uninstall Adobe Photoshop?
>
> I have searched for solutions on the internet. But
> I have just found the following
> http://adobe.groupbrowser.com/t180867.html
> with no appropriate answer.
>
> Does anyone know how to resolve my problem in
> unstalling Adobe Photoshop CS?
>
> Thank you,
> Oliver

the failed un-install may create files in the temp folder
do you have the PS CD??
if so use that instead
do a complete un-install
then re-install

From: Pat on

> Does anyone know how to resolve my problem in
> unstalling Adobe Photoshop CS?
>
> Thank you,
> Oliver

You can download an uninstall program from Adobe's web page.