From: Quesito on
Hi all,
for the picoblaze funs...
you can download the latest version of picoblaze C compiler on my
website
www.poderico.co.uk
the latest version is 1.8.4
In this version you have the optimizer (just started)
I've got an example how to use the LCD IF on the Spartan3E starter
kit... if you want to have a try.. please send me an email for any
suggestions... or improvement...

Have fun,
Francesco

From: "Sylvain Munaut SomeOne@SomeDomain.com>" on

Quesito wrote:
> Hi all,
> for the picoblaze funs...
> you can download the latest version of picoblaze C compiler on my
> website
> www.poderico.co.uk
> the latest version is 1.8.4
> In this version you have the optimizer (just started)
> I've got an example how to use the LCD IF on the Spartan3E starter
> kit... if you want to have a try.. please send me an email for any
> suggestions... or improvement...

Suggestions :
Release a linux version ;)

Improvement :
It's possible to change the microblaze source to add an offseting
capability to fetch/store
So image sF is your stack pointer, you can save regs on the stack:

sub sF, 4
store s0, 0(sF)
store s1, 1(sF)
store s2, 2(sF)
store s3, 3(sF)

That should allow for some codesize reduction I think.

Also, theses modification to the microblaze don't require more
resources. (just some LUT3 changed in LUT4).

Sylvain

From: Nico Coesel on
"Quesito" <francesco_poderico(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>for the picoblaze funs...
>you can download the latest version of picoblaze C compiler on my
>website
>www.poderico.co.uk
>the latest version is 1.8.4
>In this version you have the optimizer (just started)
>I've got an example how to use the LCD IF on the Spartan3E starter
>kit... if you want to have a try.. please send me an email for any
>suggestions... or improvement...

The examples seem a bit like a macro based C compiler. The code for
reading/writing I/O is huge. Maybe it is better to introduce some
language extensions that will map variables into the I/O space. Most
8051 C compilers do this.

--
Reply to nico(a)nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
From: Quesito on