From: clw on
Do any of the available picture frame gizmo's read their content
directly from a thumb drive?

TIA
From: Bob Williams on
clw wrote:
> Do any of the available picture frame gizmo's read their content
> directly from a thumb drive?
>
> TIA
Mine does.
I suspect that most modern Frames will do that.
If yours does not, just put the pix on a memory card.
All of them will read a SD memory card
Bob Williams
From: clw on
In article <RTWQm.32597$cX4.24799(a)newsfe10.iad>,
Bob Williams <mytbobnospam(a)cox.net> wrote:

> clw wrote:
> > Do any of the available picture frame gizmo's read their content
> > directly from a thumb drive?
> >
> > TIA
> Mine does.
> I suspect that most modern Frames will do that.
> If yours does not, just put the pix on a memory card.
> All of them will read a SD memory card
> Bob Williams

Which one is yours?
From: Bob Williams on
clw wrote:
> In article <RTWQm.32597$cX4.24799(a)newsfe10.iad>,
> Bob Williams <mytbobnospam(a)cox.net> wrote:
>
>> clw wrote:
>>> Do any of the available picture frame gizmo's read their content
>>> directly from a thumb drive?
>>>
>>> TIA
>> Mine does.
>> I suspect that most modern Frames will do that.
>> If yours does not, just put the pix on a memory card.
>> All of them will read a SD memory card
>> Bob Williams
>
> Which one is yours?

Mine is sold by a company called EDGE.
They offer a good product at a reasonable price.
My frame is 2 years old and the model is discontinued.
But here is a link to their current offerings. They accept the USB flash
Drive interface.
Hope this helps...........Bob Williams

From: -hh on
Bob Williams <mytbobnos...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> clw wrote:
> > Do any of the available picture frame gizmo's read their content
> > directly  from a thumb drive?
>
> > TIA
>
> Mine does.
> I suspect that most modern Frames will do that.
> If yours does not, just put the pix on a memory card.
> All of them will read a SD memory card

Or perhaps an older, smaller capacity, and no-longer-being-used CF
card.

In general, if a frame can accomodate any such external memory source,
I'd strongly recommend using it as the defacto way of doing business,
rather than relying on the frame's internal memory...its simply far
easier to manage.

My wife's old picture frame has had a recurring problem with memory
errors creeping into its internal memory, causing images to randomly
become corrupted. To fix, she would have to pack up and drag the
whole thing home from work so that it could be purged and images re-
installed.

With a memory card... on the very rare occasion that it corrupts the
card, its small & easy to bring home, and then its a much faster wipe
& copy from where all of its images (often modified/cropped to better
fill the frame) had been placed in a dedicated subdirectory on the
home PC's hard drive.

-hh