From: Phil on
On 29/07/2010 23:37:32, "David W. Fenton" wrote:
> "Phil" <phil(a)stantonfamily.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> On 28/07/2010 18:28:22, "David W. Fenton" wrote:
>>> "Phil" <phil(a)stantonfamily.co.uk> wrote in

>>> What is a "standard Access image"?
>>
>> Ah David, I half expected you to come back with a pithy question
>> I am referring to images that are offered if you use the builder
>> option of the picture property on a command button. Starts with
>> Address book ... MS Access forms ... World, and lots in between
>
> Oh, of course. The ones that have such a poor range of choices, and
> that offers such a crappy editor for creating new ones, and no way
> of importing other bitmaps into them.
>
> Can you tell I've worked with them?

Sounds as if you have.
Interesting that under AK2 they were called bitmaps and under 2010 the have
become images. Still the problem is that the built in images can be centered
with the text centered underneath them, but using an embedded .bmp or .ico
picture, it appears that the picture and text are treated as one, so when you
say show the text at the bottom, the image is top left and the text bottom
right.

Phil
From: Jon Lewis on
In A2007, which was the first version to offer a Caption & Picture command
button, setting the button's Picture Caption Arrangement property to Bottom
gives exactly what you want even with custom pictures. Has this changed in
A2010?

Jon

From: Phil on
On 30/07/2010 09:57:10, "Jon Lewis" wrote:
> In A2007, which was the first version to offer a Caption & Picture command
> button, setting the button's Picture Caption Arrangement property to
> Bottom gives exactly what you want even with custom pictures. Has this
> changed in A2010?
>
> Jon
>

> "Phil" <phil(a)stantonfamily.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On 29/07/2010 23:37:32, "David W. Fenton" wrote:
>>> "Phil" <phil(a)stantonfamily.co.uk> wrote in

>>> Oh, of course. The ones that have such a poor range of choices, and
>>> that offers such a crappy editor for creating new ones, and no way
>>> of importing other bitmaps into them.
>>>
>>> Can you tell I've worked with them?
>>>

>> Sounds as if you have.
>> Interesting that under AK2 they were called bitmaps and under 2010 the
>> have
>> become images. Still the problem is that the built in images can be
>> centered
>> with the text centered underneath them, but using an embedded .bmp or .ico
>> picture, it appears that the picture and text are treated as one, so when
>> you
>> say show the text at the bottom, the image is top left and the text bottom
>> right.
>>
>> Phil

Think I must be going senile. Seems to be OK now

Thanks

Phil