From: Phoenix on
Just did a restore from an image I made. All appeared to go well, but the
following errors appear in the Event Logs:
1) Event ID: 8194 Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error
querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access is
denied.
.. This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer
or requestor process.
This occurs at the start and at the end of the making of the image. The
image verifies as OK, and the error is noted on the forum as not related to
the image-making process....

2) more troublesome: these errors after restore:
Event ID: 6008 The previous system shutdown at 11:20:27 AM on ?10/?14/?2009
was unexpected.
Event ID: 41 (Kernel-Power) The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting
down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding,
crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. (this is the scary one, marked as
critical with a red X)
At the time mentioned I had run defrag, and then made the image...I don't
recall now if I powered off in between, but if so it was a normal shutdown.
(I'd remember if it hadn't, and I wouldn't have made an image directly
afterwards....)
I can't find this one mentioned on the forum, and of course I can't post
myself. Perhaps I will email Nick. Do you think he will answer me?

From: Sue Morton on
Please refresh my memory :-) You're doing this on W7 Ultimate 64-bit? I'm
thinking Nick would be very interested in 64-bit and/or W7 if so.
--
Sue Morton

From: Phoenix on
For now, Win7 RC x64 Ultimate. When I get the final it will be Win7 x64 Pro.

From: Sue Morton on
Phoenix wrote:
> For now, Win7 RC x64 Ultimate. When I get the final it will be Win7
> x64 Pro.

Is your W7 fully patched with all m$ updates (not just windows update)?

If your system is not 100% current, try patching everything current and try
Reflect again? Of course make plenty of backups by various methods in case
patching kills OS :-(

My guess is Nick would like to know about these issues, if your system is
100% current and the issues are still occuring...

If you've already verified these issues are not addressed in the support
forum or docs/tutorials on the website, if it were me I'd email something
like, "I realize no support is offered for free version users, but I'm
experiencing the following issues on W7 64-bit Ultimate version and I didn't
see them mentioned in either your forums or website. I thought you'd like
to know about them..."

If he's not responsive and you decide you're through messing around with
Macrium, you could still consider running the free version one anyway, right
along with other software you prefer (paid or not). More than once I've
been glad of having multiple software/methods/media for my backups, as my
preferred/trusted method/media would not restore but one of the others
worked for me. YMMV of course...
--
Sue Morton

From: Phoenix on
It's up-to-date, but it's still Win7 RC. Maybe I should wait to see if it
does the same thing in Win7 final? I'd rather know before I install Win7
final, though.
Also, should I email support, or Nick himself (his email address is in the
details for the downloaded file, after all)?
And would sales know when version 5 is coming out?

> Phoenix wrote:
>> For now, Win7 RC x64 Ultimate. When I get the final it will be Win7
>> x64 Pro.
>

> Is your W7 fully patched with all m$ updates (not just windows update)?
>
> If your system is not 100% current, try patching everything current and
> try Reflect again? Of course make plenty of backups by various methods in
> case patching kills OS :-(
>
> My guess is Nick would like to know about these issues, if your system is
> 100% current and the issues are still occuring...
>
> If you've already verified these issues are not addressed in the support
> forum or docs/tutorials on the website, if it were me I'd email something
> like, "I realize no support is offered for free version users, but I'm
> experiencing the following issues on W7 64-bit Ultimate version and I
> didn't see them mentioned in either your forums or website. I thought
> you'd like to know about them..."
>
> If he's not responsive and you decide you're through messing around with
> Macrium, you could still consider running the free version one anyway,
> right along with other software you prefer (paid or not). More than once
> I've been glad of having multiple software/methods/media for my backups,
> as my preferred/trusted method/media would not restore but one of the
> others worked for me. YMMV of course...
> --
> Sue Morton
>

 |  Next  |  Last