From: PsyberFox on
Hi there,

I have a pivot chart in Excel and want to copy this to Powerpoint.
Copy>Paste obviously works fine but as soon as I change the pivot table
feeding the chart, e.g. adding row data it updates the chart in powerpoint.
How can I prevent this from happening as I want to copy>paste different
variations of the pivot chart into one powerpoint presentation? As soon as I
do this it updates all graphs in the presentation to whatever the pivot chart
is showing at that time...

Thank you for any help!

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <D77A8CB0-C1C5-47BD-8401-6D6658239842(a)microsoft.com>, PsyberFox
wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a pivot chart in Excel and want to copy this to Powerpoint.
> Copy>Paste obviously works fine but as soon as I change the pivot table
> feeding the chart, e.g. adding row data it updates the chart in powerpoint.
> How can I prevent this from happening as I want to copy>paste different
> variations of the pivot chart into one powerpoint presentation? As soon as I
> do this it updates all graphs in the presentation to whatever the pivot chart
> is showing at that time...

It's always wise to mention the version of any programs you're using; the answer
may depend on which version you have.

I'm guessing you have PPT 2007.

In that case, instead of pasting, use the down arrow next to the Paste button
and choose Paste Special. Choose either a picture format or an Excel object but
make sure that "Link" is UNCHECKED.

If you choose a picture format, you won't be able to doubleclick and edit it in
Excel. If you choose an Excel format, you will be able to edit it, but the
presentation will be much larger (file size).

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/