From: dza7 on
Hello,

I have a challenging pivot table issue that I hope I can get some help
on.

Here is the spreadsheet I'm working with:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/OHo0N3RSSU90d0UwTVE9PQ

I'm having problems with showing percentages in my pivot table such as
gross margin and operational profit. Here is the P&L pivot table as I
have it now, as you can see I can't get the "Gross Margin %" to output
a number. Both "Gross Margin %" and "Operational Profit %" are
calculated fields I've added to the pivot table since the raw data
only includes sales, cost of goods sold & expenses.

I believe that this has something to do with the detail that I want to
show in different parts of the P&L. With that in mind I've attempted
to add new fields to the data to help but still no success. I can add
as much as it is needed to the data to make this work (outside of
changing the first column and the PTD, QTD & YTD figures which are
output from our system) but I'm at a standstill.

Can someone help!?! I have to roll this out amongst different
divisions and it's going to be a killer tool if I can figure it out!

Thanks in advance.

Dvpetta
Dza
From: Roger Govier on
Hi

Didn't you see the reply I posted 7 hours ago?
--
Regards
Roger Govier

From: dza7 on
I did, thank you.

I'd like to see if someone has the ability to create this in the pivot
table itself keeping in mind that we can change the data format
however we'd like.