From: Krish on
I have a table with information such as Salesperson, Customer, Sales $, Year,
Month, Date_Customer_Started. The data contains info for 2009 and 2010. I am
trying to determine for every new account created in 2009 and 2010, Sales by
new customer and salesperson. The Pivot table has sales data and count of
customers by year and the rows contain Salesperson, Customer, Month and
date_Customer_started. I expect if a customer started in April 2009, and the
customer continuing to buy in 2010, sales figures by year and month and the
count of customer only in 2009. But the pivot table show a customer started
in June 2009 as a new customer created in 2010. the Pivot table is not
consistent in the error also. I need help and advise to fix this anomaly.
BILLTO BILLTO_NAME DATE PER MONTH_OPENED NET_SALES COUNT NET_SALES COUNT
COR400 CORTELYOU CAFE 06/18/09 01 6 2,587.29 1
02 6 305.87 0
07 6 759.68 0
08 6 3,124.21 0
09 6 4,591.10 0
10 6 4,261.36 0
11 6 4,244.69 0
12 6 5,460.93 0
GRA601 GRAMERCY PARK HOTEL 09/10/09 09 9 3,772.42 1
10 9 4,159.92 0
11 9 501.69 0
GUS200 GUS & GABRIEL GASTROPUB 07/01/09 01 7 634.37 1
02 7 815.43 0
06 7 8.58 0
07 7 314.52 0
09 7 2,481.09 0
10 7 1,612.55 0
11 7 1,873.15 0
12 7 813.64 0

From: Roger Govier on
Hi Krish

It is difficult to establish from what you have posted, and the sample
data, exactly what the problem is that you are having.

If you want to mail me direct with a copy of the file and a description
of what you consider is wrong, I will see if i can resolve your problem.

to mail direct
roger at technology4u dot co dot uk
Change the at and dots to make valid email address
--
Regards
Roger Govier