From: David on
I have several pivot tables linked to a single database with 12 fields
All database records are unique
One pivot table looks at just 2 fields from 12 as per the simplified example
below:
Field1 Field2
A abc
A abc
A def
B ghi
C hij

Would like the pivot table to count the unique occurences from Field2
against Field1

The result would be:
A 2
B 1
C 1

Any idea how this could be achieved within a pivot table?

From: ryguy7272 on
Ok, not sure if ur using 2007 or pre-2007, but look at subtotals.

I have this in 2007:
Field1 Field2
A abc
A abc
A def
B ghi
C hij

Select the range of data, Click Subtotal.
Then, 'At each change in:'
Field2

Use Function:
Count