From: Michael on
I am trying to perform some pyrometry work and I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to determine the pixel current (Amps/pixel) from an image in Matlab. I am not very familiar with the image processing toolbox and didn't know if there was something built in to find the pixel current for a given pixel.
Thanks!
From: Image Analyst on
Well you have the image (somehow, e.g. read in from a file), and the pixel values represent the current at that pixel location, so can't you just do

x = 100; % Whatever column you're interested in.
y = 20; % Whatever row you're interested in.
currentAtThisPixel = pyroImageArray(y, x);
From: Michael on
"Image Analyst" <imageanalyst(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message <i3vo7k$7pv$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> Well you have the image (somehow, e.g. read in from a file), and the pixel values represent the current at that pixel location, so can't you just do
>
> x = 100; % Whatever column you're interested in.
> y = 20; % Whatever row you're interested in.
> currentAtThisPixel = pyroImageArray(y, x);

Thank you for your response. Sorry if this sounds stupid but what would the units be on that then?
From: Michael on
"Michael " <Michael.Newton(a)utah.edu> wrote in message <i41gnc$478$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Image Analyst" <imageanalyst(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message <i3vo7k$7pv$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Well you have the image (somehow, e.g. read in from a file), and the pixel values represent the current at that pixel location, so can't you just do
> >
> > x = 100; % Whatever column you're interested in.
> > y = 20; % Whatever row you're interested in.
> > currentAtThisPixel = pyroImageArray(y, x);
>
> Thank you for your response. Sorry if this sounds stupid but what would the units be on that then?

.....Nevermind! I just figured this all out. Turns out I was making my problem slightly more difficult than necessary!
Thank you!

Pages: 1
Prev: high density scatterplot
Next: GUI resize