From: Ray Fischer on
Reality <reality(a)anyaddress.com> wrote:
>Plastic lens elements can be easily configured for less CA, more complex
>geometries, etc. Plastic lenses can easily out perform the most exotic
>fluorite designs.

That must explain why people keep using those expensive flourite lenses
instead of just casting plastic ones.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Eric Stevens on
On 22 Nov 2009 18:43:43 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>Reality <reality(a)anyaddress.com> wrote:
>>Plastic lens elements can be easily configured for less CA, more complex
>>geometries, etc. Plastic lenses can easily out perform the most exotic
>>fluorite designs.
>
>That must explain why people keep using those expensive flourite lenses
>instead of just casting plastic ones.

I didn't know they made lenses out of fish tank bottom material!
http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/FlouriteBlackSand.html

Eric Stevens
From: Reality on
On 22 Nov 2009 18:43:43 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>Reality <reality(a)anyaddress.com> wrote:
>>Plastic lens elements can be easily configured for less CA, more complex
>>geometries, etc. Plastic lenses can easily out perform the most exotic
>>fluorite designs.
>
>That must explain why people keep using those expensive flourite lenses
>instead of just casting plastic ones.

No, it's due to idiot brainless consumers like you who would belittle any
lenses made with superior optical plastics.

From: ransley on
On Nov 22, 3:00 am, Reality <real...(a)anyaddress.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:22:28 +0000, Glen <glenne...(a)tiscali.com> wrote:
> >On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 10:09:16 -0800 (PST), Rich <rander3...(a)gmail.com>
> >wrote this:

> >>I think not much more.  Reason being that even if they develop sensor
> >>technologies to suppress noise sufficiently to permit more megapixels,
> >>the lens quality needed to support the sensors to get more resolution
> >>will be too expensive for the cameras.
>
> >Unless they are made of........plastic!!!
> >.
>
> Plastic lens elements can be easily configured for less CA, more complex
> geometries, etc. Plastic lenses can easily out perform the most exotic
> fluorite designs.- Hide quoted text -

Then why are the most expensive-best, glass.
From: Ray Fischer on
Reality <reality(a)anyaddress.com> wrote:
> rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>>Reality <reality(a)anyaddress.com> wrote:
>>>Plastic lens elements can be easily configured for less CA, more complex
>>>geometries, etc. Plastic lenses can easily out perform the most exotic
>>>fluorite designs.
>>
>>That must explain why people keep using those expensive flourite lenses
>>instead of just casting plastic ones.
>
>No, it's due to idiot brainless consumers like you who would belittle any

Go away, dumbshit troll.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net