From: edspyhill01 on
I have a project coming up to install Sendmail as a SMTP server for a
small application. It will run on a Solaris Local Zone. I'm told I
can install the new Sendmail and its binaries on the Local Zone.
Since the local zones share the binaries of the GLocal Zone I want to
ensure I plan this project properly.

Are there any How-to or other docs that detail installing opensource
sendmail on this Solaris OS?

Ed
From: edspyhill01 on
On Jun 3, 2:44 pm, edspyhill01 <edspyhil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a project coming up to install Sendmail as a SMTP server for a
> small application.  It will run on a Solaris Local Zone.  I'm told I
> can install the new Sendmail and its binaries on the Local Zone.
> Since the local zones share the binaries of the GLocal Zone I want to
> ensure I plan this project properly.
>
> Are there any How-to or other docs that detail installing opensource
> sendmail on this Solaris OS?
>
> Ed

A clearer description?

I have a project coming up to install Sendmail as a SMTP server for a
software application that needs to send and receive emails. It will
run on a Solaris Local Zone. I'm told I can install a completely
separate Sendmail version and its binaries on the Local Zone and not
use the Global Zone Sendmail binaries.

Will the Local Zone need to forward outbound emails to the Global Zone
or can the Local Zone connect directly to the SMTP Smarthost?

Will the Local Zone be able to directly accept inbound SMTP
connections from an SMTP Relay?

Are there any How-to or other docs that detail installing opensource
sendmail on Solaris Zone OS?

Ed