From: lcdservices on
my email is not hosted on the same machine as my website, which is
triggering a 67 error code when sending to emails on the same domain.
basically, for user(a)mydomain.com, sendmail looks for the localhost
"user", can't find it, and throws an error -- when it should be
sending the email based on the existing MX Record -- which is pointing
elsewhere.

is there any sendmail argument or config setting that will force a DNS
lookup so that it uses the correct MX record rather than trying to
send to localhost?
From: okie on
On Jun 3, 9:36 am, lcdservices <lcdwebservi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> my email is not hosted on the same machine as my website, which is
> triggering a 67 error code when sending to emails on the same domain.
> basically, for u...(a)mydomain.com, sendmail looks for the localhost
> "user", can't find it, and throws an error -- when it should be
> sending the email based on the existing MX Record -- which is pointing
> elsewhere.
>
> is there any sendmail argument or config setting that will force a DNS
> lookup so that it uses the correct MX record rather than trying to
> send to localhost?

What is in your /etc/mail/local-host-names file?
From: Andrzej Adam Filip on
lcdservices <lcdwebservices(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> my email is not hosted on the same machine as my website, which is
> triggering a 67 error code when sending to emails on the same domain.
> basically, for user(a)mydomain.com, sendmail looks for the localhost
> "user", can't find it, and throws an error -- when it should be
> sending the email based on the existing MX Record -- which is pointing
> elsewhere.
>
> is there any sendmail argument or config setting that will force a DNS
> lookup so that it uses the correct MX record rather than trying to
> send to localhost?

By default sendmail fills/guesses automatically list of local email
domains (delivered via local mailer). The default behavior can be changed:
http://www.sendmail.org/m4/tweaking_config.html#confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES

To get list of local email domains use:
echo '$=w' | sendmail -bt

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi(a)onet.eu : Andrzej.Filip(a)gmail.com
http://open-sendmail.sourceforge.net/ http://anfi.homeunix.org/