From: okie on
My systems is configured to allow hosts to relay off it (not all) just
defined ones in access.

When an application generates an email with say user(a)abc.com, I take
the message log the sender address as abc.com but it when it leaves my
box for the internet, it shows up as user(a)abcd.com, abcd is an alias
inside internal DNS, I have also noticed in the past that if I have a
host entry for a specfic host it will do the same thing.

How do I disable this in sendmail and more importanly how does this
happen?

From: okie on
On Jun 3, 9:12 am, okie <welc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> My systems is configured to allow hosts to relay off it (not all) just
> defined ones in access.
>
> When an application generates an email with say u...(a)abc.com, I take
> the message log the sender address as abc.com but it when it leaves my
> box for the internet, it shows up as u...(a)abcd.com, abcd is an alias
> inside internal DNS, I have also noticed in the past that if I have a
> host entry for a specfic host it will do the same thing.
>
> How do I disable this in sendmail and more importanly how does this
> happen?

By the way this seems to be happening in Canonify2

From: Andrzej Adam Filip on
okie <welchjh(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> My systems is configured to allow hosts to relay off it (not all) just
> defined ones in access.
>
> When an application generates an email with say user(a)abc.com, I take
> the message log the sender address as abc.com but it when it leaves my
> box for the internet, it shows up as user(a)abcd.com, abcd is an alias
> inside internal DNS, I have also noticed in the past that if I have a
> host entry for a specfic host it will do the same thing.
>
> How do I disable this in sendmail and more importanly how does this
> happen?

Take a look at
http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html#nocanonify

--
http://open-sendmail.sourceforge.net/ http://anfi.homeunix.org/
Friendships last when each friend thinks he has a slight superiority