From: Kenneth A. Larsen on

"MarceepooNu" <mbh2010(a)aol.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> altogether. With other topics MS is creating web forums,
>> but those are moderated and the web forum format is not
>> very usable. So the long and the short of it is that MS is
>> dropping support for public sharing/discussion between
>> their customers.
>>
>> But since Usenet is decentralized, it probably won't matter
>> that Microsoft is shutting down. The microsoft.* groups will
>> probably remain on most Usenet servers. Only the server
>> news.microsoft.com will be gone.
>>
>> I can get the groups through my ISP, but for a long time I had
>> been going directly to news.microsoft.com. Meanwhile, a lot of ISPs
>> have been dropping the groups due to lack of awareness/interest.
>>
>> In the VB group all of this has been discussed quite a bit and
>> someone came up with eternal-september.org as an option. It's
>> a free news server. One has to join, but identity is kept private and
>> there is no charge. (I don't know how or if the operation makes
>> money.) So rather than go back to my ISP I just joined
>> eternal-september.org and now use their server. As a result I
>> still see all Microsoft groups, regardless of whether or not MS has
>> shut them down.
>>
>> | 2. How can I modify the following sub (which you gave me the knowledge
>> | needed to create it) so that I could get the Hwnd of the window the sub
>> | creates?
>> |

>> The IE object has an hWnd property. So you just
>> need objIE.hwnd
>>
>> Note, though, that you should do a loop after loading
>> the page, because you can't access a valid document
>> until the load is finished:
>>
>> objIE.Navigate("about:blank")
>> Do while objie.readystate <> 4
>> Loop
>>

>> | Sub subShowInHtmlWindow(strWindowPassThruBodyTexte,
>> strWindowPassThruTitlee,
>> | blnVisibleTFe)
>> | Dim strText
>> |
>> | strWindowPassThruBodyText = strWindowPassThruBodyTexte
>> | strWindowPassThruTitle = strWindowPassThruTitlee
>> | blnVisibleTF = blnVisibleTFe
>> |
>> | Set objIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
>> | objIE.Navigate("about:blank")
>> |
>> | Set objDoc = objIE.Document.Body
>> | strHTML = strWindowPassThruBodyText
>> | objDoc.InnerHTML = strHTML
>> | objIE.Document.Title = strWindowPassThruTitle
>> | objIE.
>> | ' While blnDataHarvested = False
>> | ' fnSleep(1)
>> | ' Wend
>> | 'MsgBox strText
>> |
>> | 'MsgBox objIE.FullName
>> | strMsgBoxMsg = objIE.LocationName & vbCrLf & _
>> | objIE.LocationURL '& vbCrLf & _
>> | 'objIE.Document(
>> | 'MsgBox strMsgBoxMsg
>> | objIE.Visible = blnVisibleTF ' False True ' False
>> |
>> | objIE.statusbar = True ' False True ' False
>> | 'objIE.StatusBar = 0
>> | objIE.addressbar = True ' False True ' False
>> | 'objIE.ToolBar = 0
>> | objIE.ToolBar = False ' False True ' False
>> | objIE.resizable = True ' False True ' False

I am not a pest you mean bean. And I don't think ScriptB exists. That's why
I don't think it replaces the hidden window. By the way I'm glad that that
you think it's nice to be useful. If you have any problems, please let me
know by emailing me at 2 addresses. LarsenK(a)verizon.net or
kuhlpc#2(a)optimum.net.

From,
Kenny

From: Todd Vargo on
Kenneth A. Larsen wrote:
> "MarceepooNu" <mbh2010(a)aol.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Mayayana:
>>
>> I have another question.....
>>
>> Assume ScriptA sends data to hidden window, and then
>> sends the hidden window' Hwnd and Window title to ScriptB.
>>
>> Then, ScriptB harvests the data in the innertext of the hIdden window.
>>
>> Can ScriptB replace the innertext of the hidden window
>> (while retaining the same window title and hwnd)?
snip...

> I am not a pest you mean bean. And I don't think ScriptB exists. That's
> why I don't think it replaces the hidden window. By the way I'm glad that
> that you think it's nice to be useful. If you have any problems, please
> let me know by emailing me at 2 addresses. LarsenK(a)verizon.net or
> kuhlpc#2(a)optimum.net.

Ken,

Why do you keep replying to posts without typing anything?
Why do we need to email you when we can post to this newsgroup just fine?

From: Al Dunbar on

"Todd Vargo" <tlvargo(a)sbcglobal.netz> wrote in message
> Kenneth A. Larsen wrote:
>> "MarceepooNu" <mbh2010(a)aol.com> wrote in message

<snip>

>> I am not a pest you mean bean. And I don't think ScriptB exists. That's
>> why I don't think it replaces the hidden window. By the way I'm glad that
>> that you think it's nice to be useful. If you have any problems, please
>> let me know by emailing me at 2 addresses. LarsenK(a)verizon.net or
>> kuhlpc#2(a)optimum.net.
>
> Ken,
>
> Why do you keep replying to posts without typing anything?
> Why do we need to email you when we can post to this newsgroup just fine?

Todd,

why do you keep replying to someone who has never given a direct answer to
previous questions about his pointless behaviour?

/Al

From: Todd Vargo on
Al Dunbar wrote:
> "Todd Vargo" <tlvargo(a)sbcglobal.netz> wrote in message
>> Kenneth A. Larsen wrote:
>>> "MarceepooNu" <mbh2010(a)aol.com> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
>>> I am not a pest you mean bean. And I don't think ScriptB exists. That's
>>> why I don't think it replaces the hidden window. By the way I'm glad
>>> that that you think it's nice to be useful. If you have any problems,
>>> please let me know by emailing me at 2 addresses. LarsenK(a)verizon.net or
>>> kuhlpc#2(a)optimum.net.
>>
>> Ken,
>>
>> Why do you keep replying to posts without typing anything?
>> Why do we need to email you when we can post to this newsgroup just fine?
>
> Todd,
>
> why do you keep replying to someone who has never given a direct answer to
> previous questions about his pointless behaviour?

Because he actually posted something this time indicating he might be
reading.
<shrug>