From: Antti on
On Dec 23 2009, 1:28 pm, GLOW <glen.h.l...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Antti,
>
> Based on all the symptoms you have described, namely the read side of
> the fifo going crazy and getting stale or duplicated data strongly
> suggests that the problem is in the recovered clock.
>
> I once worked on a chip where the duty cycle of the recovered clock
> can vary widely and that the recovered clock even occasionally have a
> stretched cycle where the clock looked like it was missing a cycle.
> This was on an actual asic as opposed to an fpga. But the bottom line
> was that we had unintentionally assumed that the recovered clock would
> always be 50/50 duty cycle and that the recovered clock would never do
> strange things like skip a clock.
>
> If at all possible, I suggest you try the following.
>
> 1) I assume that you are using the recovered clock directly. If you
> are, try running the clock thru an onboard PLL and use the pll
> generated clock instead. If this helps your problem then do #2 below.
>
> 2) Route the recovered clock back out to a pin and observe it on a
> 1GHz scope. Configure the scope to trigger on anything less than 40/60
> duty cycle.
>
> Good Luck....

problem fixed!

solution and explanation in the next Brain issue
(I will post short post also after the issue release)

Antti
From: whygee on
Antti wrote:
> problem fixed!
yeah !!!

> solution and explanation in the next Brain issue
> (I will post short post also after the issue release)
i'm eagerly waiting :-)

did you solve your website and email issues ?
how can one contact you ?
are your "stamps" still available ?

> Antti
yg

--
http://ygdes.com / http://yasep.org
From: Antti on
On Jan 27, 4:24 pm, whygee <y...(a)yg.yg> wrote:
> Antti wrote:
> > problem fixed!
>
> yeah !!!
>
> > solution and explanation in the next Brain issue
> > (I will post short post also after the issue release)
>
> i'm eagerly waiting :-)
>
> did you solve your website and email issues ?
> how can one contact you ?
> are your "stamps" still available ?
>
> > Antti
>
> yg
>
> --http://ygdes.com/http://yasep.org

website issues in "solving" state yes!

first products using Silicon blue stamps are about to be delivered to
the customers
and we have small batch of the SB stamp modules ready as well

Antti

From: whygee on
Antti wrote:
> website issues in "solving" state yes!
and which email address works ?

> Antti
yg
--
http://ygdes.com / http://yasep.org
From: Antti on
On Jan 27, 5:40 pm, whygee <y...(a)yg.yg> wrote:
> Antti wrote:
> > website issues in "solving" state yes!
>
> and which email address works ?
>
> > Antti
>
> yg
> --http://ygdes.com/http://yasep.org

Antti.Lukats(a)googlemail.com

always works :) thats why i use it as preffered :)
if i dont reply, please resend, in very rare cases the mails go to
spam
and I delete spam folder without reading (300+ spam mails per day)