From: Steve_Karl on
Hi there,

Here's a photo.
http://www.sightsea.com/renders/9200_2.jpg

The white areas are totally gone and everything else is banded with what appear to be bad pixls,
and some areas of it are flickering constantly.

The good news ( I guess ) is that the display shows perfectly when viewing it on an external monitor.
Of course that doesn't affect the laptops LCD screen. It stays messed up no matter what.

SO...
.... is it possible that replacing the LCD screen in the laptop will fix this problem?

What are the changes that it's the mother board or the connection ( ribbon cable ) to the LCD?

I'd just hate to throw good money away on this but it would be a great laptop
if the display worked.

Any suggestions for trouble shooting are very welcome.

Thanks,

Steve

From: Steve_Karl on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message news:Xns9D289E53D19DABrownShoesDontMakeIt(a)188.40.43.213...
> The killer robot "Steve_Karl" <nospam(a)noway.com> grabbed the controls of
> the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> Here's a photo.
>> http://www.sightsea.com/renders/9200_2.jpg
>
> That looks pretty blowed up. My VISIO HDTV had a similar pattern on it,
> and looking into the flat fee bench charge to have it fixed, was not much
> less than to just get another screen (and move up from 720p to 1080p).
>
> I have an old first gen Eee PC that the 7" screen began to bleed black
> blobs internal to the screem, but it still works connected to an external
> monitor. They sell replacement screens for those, but it isn't worth
> putting the money into it on that netbook.

So back to the original question ... do you think it's the LCD?

From: reqluq on
Close it, turn it upside down and give it a good smack
seriously
req

From: polymod on

"reqluq" <scredcropshonnospam(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Close it, turn it upside down and give it a good smack
> seriously

how to burp a baby?

Poly

From: Steve_Karl on
OK... I spanked it good ... 3 good smacks ... and now the LCD on the laptop is totally black,
but the external monitor is still working fine.

Does this suggest that it's the cable or a loose connection?
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve

"reqluq" <scredcropshonnospam(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message news:itqdnUv0YvEK0BnWnZ2dnUVZ_gSdnZ2d(a)supernews.com...
> Close it, turn it upside down and give it a good smack
> seriously
> req
> "Steve_Karl" <nospam(a)noway.com> wrote in message news:hm1i48$9qp$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
>>
>> "Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message news:Xns9D289E53D19DABrownShoesDontMakeIt(a)188.40.43.213...
>>> The killer robot "Steve_Karl" <nospam(a)noway.com> grabbed the controls of
>>> the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> That looks pretty blowed up. My VISIO HDTV had a similar pattern on it,
>>> and looking into the flat fee bench charge to have it fixed, was not much
>>> less than to just get another screen (and move up from 720p to 1080p).
>>>
>>> I have an old first gen Eee PC that the 7" screen began to bleed black
>>> blobs internal to the screem, but it still works connected to an external
>>> monitor. They sell replacement screens for those, but it isn't worth
>>> putting the money into it on that netbook.
>>

>> So back to the original question ... do you think it's the LCD?
>>

>>> --
>>> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
>>> ________ __
>>> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
>>> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
>>> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits