From: Jack Dorson on
I am referring to redirecting http traffic automatically to https://

as per MS article, i have created a CustomError\owahttps script and placed
it in Customerrors folder. After this, i configured ApplicationPool as said
in article. I then modified the Custom Errors tab for 403.4 error and
configured it to use URL customerror/owahttps.
This seems to work only if i give url as follows:
http://localhost/exchange it gets redirected.

**>>however, when I issue http://localhost , it does not redirect and give
following error:
"The specified request cannot be executed from current Application Pool"

the script is as follows:
===========
<%
If Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_PORT")=80 Then
Dim strSecureURL
strSecureURL = "https://"
strSecureURL = strSecureURL & Request.Servervariables("SERVER_NAME")
strSecureURL = strSecureURL & "/exchange"
Response.Redirect strSecureURL
End If
%>
========

Any help appreciated.

thanks
From: "Chris Crowe [MVP 1997 -> 2006]" on
From what I can see you are running IIS 6 as you talk about IIS Application
Pools

You could write a simple ASP redirect script and place this as the default
document in the web site root.

Something like what you have (and probably tried? or are you still using
custom errors?)

The trick may be to set the Application Pool for the web site root to run as
the Exchange Application Pool and not the default application pool.

Redirecting across application pools seems to be problematic and can result
in the error you have seen for some reason.
--

Cheers

Chris Crowe [IIS MVP 1997 -> 2006]
http://blog.crowe.co.nz