From: asimlink on
Hi Group,

Could you guys please recommend me a non volatile fpga (which can hold
its bit stream in, an on-chip flash).
I might need to put a soft core cpu in the fpga as well. so a medium
size device like Spartan-3AN-700 will be fine for me. I am looking for
any device which is smaller in size than Spartan-3AN-700 which is
23mmX23mm. Xilinx Spartan 3AN devices have no variety available in
terms of same packages but with different CLB sizes.

Regards,

Asim
From: Gabor on
On Jun 24, 1:43 am, asimlink <asiml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> Could you guys please recommend me a non volatile fpga (which can hold
> its bit stream in, an on-chip flash).
> I might need to put a soft core cpu in the fpga as well. so a medium
> size device like Spartan-3AN-700 will be fine for me. I am looking for
> any device which is smaller in size than Spartan-3AN-700 which is
> 23mmX23mm. Xilinx Spartan 3AN devices have no variety available in
> terms of same packages but with different CLB sizes.
>
> Regards,
>
> Asim

You should check out the Lattice XP2 series. They also offer
a 32-bit CPU development platform (Mico-32) and their chip
offerings are broader for non-volatile devices. If you're
tied to Xilinx, then 3AN is your only choice.
From: -jg on
On Jun 24, 5:43 pm, asimlink <asiml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> Could you guys please recommend me a non volatile fpga (which can hold
> its bit stream in, an on-chip flash).
> I might need to put a soft core cpu in the fpga as well. so a medium
> size device like Spartan-3AN-700 will be fine for me. I am looking for
> any device which is smaller in size than Spartan-3AN-700 which is
> 23mmX23mm. Xilinx Spartan 3AN devices have no variety available in
> terms of same packages but with different CLB sizes.

The usual suspects would be Lattice, Actel, SiliconBlue and if you
don't need it today ;) then even Menta who have a MRAM based FPGA
coming...

http://www.eetimes.com/news/semi/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=225600023

If you can shrink the fpga by avoiding the soft-cpu, then Cypress and
Actel have Arm+Logic solutions

-jg