From: mmaker on
Does anyone know why I seem to get this message every single time I run
a Visual Basic program? It started recently after I installed Visual
C++/Visual Basic Express Edition and the newer Platform SDK, and every
time I run one of a handlful of programs I get this dialog box come up.

If I let it run it takes forever, not even giving any explanation of
what it's doing while it sits there apparently doing nothing for ten
minutes or more, and then next time I run the program it wants to
'configure Microsoft Platform SDK' again. If I hit cancel it takes a
few seconds to quit and then comes back two damn more times wanting to
'configure Microsoft Platform SDK' again before it finally runs the
program.

This is really annoying, and is basically making any Visual Basic
programs unusable on my machine. Of course there's absolutely zero
explanation of why I'd need to 'configure Microsoft Platform SDK' every
single time I run a Visual Basic program, and it clearly doesn't need
to be done because the programs run fine when I cancel the three
attempts to 'configure Microsoft Platform SDK'.

Any ideas on how to stop this would be welcome.

Mark

Pages: 1
Prev: sqmserver.dll
Next: drawing in VB