From: Globemaker on
On Jun 30, 7:19 am, Tom St Denis

> > I want to read the Magazine you write for. Where is it?
>
> I've published two books on the subject.

Good work, I will see if I can find, in those two books, any
algorithms you invented to encrypt and decrypt stuff. Then I will
consider evaluating your cipher for Popular Cryptography Magazine. If
I can find anything you invented, the evaluation of that will be
presented in a polite way: encrypted using a key of all zeros and
using your cipher algorithm, if any exists.

Is there a name of a cipher algorithm you invented?
From: adacrypt on
On Jul 1, 12:17 pm, Globemaker <alanfolms...(a)cabanova.com> wrote:
> On Jun 30, 7:19 am, Tom St Denis
>
> > > I want to read the Magazine you write for. Where is it?
>
> > I've published two books on the subject.
>
> Good work, I will see if I can find, in those two books, any
> algorithms you invented to encrypt and decrypt stuff. Then I will
> consider evaluating your cipher for Popular Cryptography Magazine. If
> I can find anything you invented, the evaluation of that will be
> presented in a polite way: encrypted using a key of all zeros and
> using your cipher algorithm, if any exists.
>
> Is there a name of a cipher algorithm you invented?

Hi,
>Is there a name of a cipher algorithm you invented?

I reckon he is seriously short on any original thinking let alone an
invention.

His stuff on BigNum is just is a continuation of the marketing hype of
the RSA cipher which incidentally is an acknowledged failure of an
attempt at a mathematicall one-way function - the RSA team spent years
looking for one and eventually sttled for what we know - i.e. a cipher
that is based on a function that is computationally infeasible only
when to be truly one-way it must be computationally impossible - the
RSA cipher yields only practically unbreakable cryptography as a
result - a proper one-way mathematical function has no known inverse
albeit a legitimate function per se it cannot be inverted by
mathematical means but instead needs human intervention by supplying
an operand (mutual database technology does that) - there is a tacit
misunderstanding among mathematicians that such a function does not
exist (what would they need it for - hence little interest ?) but I
have demonstarted one in the change-of-origin ploy that I use in my
vector cryptography - such a one-way function requires mutual database
technology - cannot operate without the latter.

He becomes really funny when he tries to give spin to giant number

From: adacrypt on
On Jul 1, 12:45 pm, adacrypt <austin.oby...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 1, 12:17 pm, Globemaker <alanfolms...(a)cabanova.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 30, 7:19 am, Tom St Denis

> > > I've published two books on the subject.
>
> > Good work, I will see if I can find, in those two books, any
> > algorithms you invented to encrypt and decrypt stuff. Then I will
> > consider evaluating your cipher for Popular Cryptography Magazine. If
> > I can find anything you invented, the evaluation of that will be
> > presented in a polite way: encrypted using a key of all zeros and
> > using your cipher algorithm, if any exists.
>
> > Is there a name of a cipher algorithm you invented?
>
> Hi,
>
> >Is there a name of a cipher algorithm you invented?
>
> I reckon he is seriously short on any original thinking let alone an
> invention.
>
> His stuff on BigNum is just is a continuation of the marketing hype of
> the RSA cipher which incidentally is an acknowledged failure of an
> attempt at a mathematicall one-way function - the RSA team spent years
> looking for one and eventually sttled for what we know - i.e. a cipher
> that is based on a function that is computationally infeasible only
> when to be truly one-way it must be computationally impossible - the
> RSA cipher yields only practically unbreakable cryptography as a
> result -  a proper one-way mathematical function has no known inverse
> albeit a legitimate function per se it cannot be inverted by
> mathematical means but instead needs human intervention by supplying
> an operand (mutual database technology does that) - there is a tacit
> misunderstanding among mathematicians that such a function does not
> exist  (what would they need it for - hence little interest ?) but I
> have demonstarted one in the change-of-origin ploy that I use in my
> vector cryptography - such a one-way function requires mutual database
> technology - cannot operate without the latter.
>
> He becomes really funny when he tries to give spin to giant number

Hi,
interrupted earlier -

He becomes really funny when he tries to give spin to giant number
theory - a new Claude Shannon.

Now that giant number cryptography has been blown out of the water I
don't think anybody will give him a second thought from here onwards -
adacrypt
From: Tom St Denis on
On Jul 1, 7:17 am, Globemaker <alanfolms...(a)cabanova.com> wrote:
> On Jun 30, 7:19 am, Tom St Denis
>
> > > I want to read the Magazine you write for. Where is it?
>
> > I've published two books on the subject.
>
> Good work, I will see if I can find, in those two books, any
> algorithms you invented to encrypt and decrypt stuff. Then I will
> consider evaluating your cipher for Popular Cryptography Magazine. If
> I can find anything you invented, the evaluation of that will be
> presented in a polite way: encrypted using a key of all zeros and
> using your cipher algorithm, if any exists.
>
> Is there a name of a cipher algorithm you invented?

Neither of those books are on cipher design, they're on cryptography
(hint: cryptography != cipher design).

However, if you want to play this game here you go

http://eprint.iacr.org/2004/085.pdf

It's a cipher I designed in 2004 based on the analysis of the CS-
Cipher (I proved the branch of the mixed PHT transform then extended
the CS cipher to 128-bits). Serge Vaudenay (who at the time was a fan
of my open source crypto projects) gave me permission to re-use the CS
name when I called it CS^2.

I don't have the source code around anymore (it was only a research
project) but you should be able to implement a copy based on the
details there (afterall, you're so knowledgeable about crypto, you
encrypt your articles with an all zero key!).

Tom
From: Tom St Denis on
On Jul 1, 7:08 am, Globemaker <alanfolms...(a)cabanova.com> wrote:
> Yes, the Popular Cryptography Magazine discusses crypto, but on

Crypto or ciphers? Seems from your other post you were asking only
for cipher designs.

> sci.crypt I decided to make an exception for this one thread. I
> remember when The Saint first posted on sci.crypt in late 1994, he

I didn't start posting till 1998.

> seems so bright and smart, I am shocked to now read The Saint using
> foul language about my new Magazine, rolling in his beer-fueled puke-
> speech to insult a Magazine that is one week old. How infantile Tom
> "The Saint" Denis seems, perhaps due to the pressures of working at
> AMD, Advanced Micro Devices. I also worked at AMD as an engineer, so I
> have some sympathy for the aggravation and anxiety that AMD commonly
> produces in engineers who once cared about technology.

I also haven't worked at AMD for nearly 4 years. Maybe for someone
who is trying to defame another with such vigour you should do your
homework. Is this the quality of journalism and editorial we can
expect from your "magazine?"

> So, Dave Eather, you are right to chastise me for responding to The
> Saint's emotional outburst. I am sorry. I was wrong. I apologise to
> The Saint and to all readers of sci.crypt for that. In the future I
> will let the infantile temper tantrums pass under my hull, like 2.4
> million gallons of oil per day, never expecting to plug it fully.

Why not, oh I dunno, re-think what you're doing and stop spamming
usenet with useless drivel? Nobody is going to read your "magazine"
specially if you encrypt the articles.

Tom