From: hapalibashi on
Hi

"Help strings" don't appear in the status bar when using
GetPopupMenuSelectionFromUser

I've tried connecting a dynamic event handler for
wxEVT_MENU_HIGHLIGHT, and static event handlers for
EVT_MENU_HIGHLIGHT_ALL and EVT_MENU_HIGHLIGHT but they are not
triggered. I don't mind changing the source to get this running, but
some pointers or clues as to why it doesn't work "out of the box"
would be helpful.

Thanks,

Stuart.
From: Vadim Zeitlin on
On 2010-03-23, hapalibashi(a)googlemail.com <hapalibashi(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> "Help strings" don't appear in the status bar when using
> GetPopupMenuSelectionFromUser
>
> I've tried connecting a dynamic event handler for
> wxEVT_MENU_HIGHLIGHT, and static event handlers for
> EVT_MENU_HIGHLIGHT_ALL and EVT_MENU_HIGHLIGHT but they are not
> triggered. I don't mind changing the source to get this running, but
> some pointers or clues as to why it doesn't work "out of the box"
> would be helpful.

I honestly don't know, it'd seem that it shouldn't matter where do the
wxEVT_MENU_HIGHLIGHT events originate from. Ideal would be to debug what
happens, if you can't do this please open a ticket on our Trac and attach a
patch (see http://trac.wxwidgets.org/wiki/HowToSubmitPatches) to a sample
allowing to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
VZ