From: John on
Hi,

I'm trying to write an application based on wxWidgets OpenGL classes

So I have downloaded wxWidgets 2.9.0 for windows and compiled it
( latest mingw ) with the required switches :

In config.gcc USE_OPENGL = 1
In setup.h #define wxUSE_GLCANVAS 1

Compilation was smooth and I can run all application UNLESS they use
wxWidgets opengl classes.... !

For example with the following class :

#include <wx/wx.h>
#include <wx/glcanvas.h>

class MyCanvasOpenGL : public wxGLCanvas
{
public:

...... };

Compiler says :
`MyCanvasOpenGL' does not have any field named `wxGLCanvas'

I've checked that all headers are there ( in wxWidgets/include
and mingw/iclude/gl ), Have also checked libraries : it seems to be
OK.

Does anybody have an idea ?

Thanx

John

From: Vadim Zeitlin on
On 2010-03-30, John <mail_chiot(a)yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Compilation was smooth and I can run all application UNLESS they use
> wxWidgets opengl classes.... !

Have you tried building the (OpenGL) samples? E.g. samples/opengl/cube?

> For example with the following class :
>
> #include <wx/wx.h>
> #include <wx/glcanvas.h>
>
> class MyCanvasOpenGL : public wxGLCanvas
> {
> public:
>
> ..... };
>

> Compiler says :
> `MyCanvasOpenGL' does not have any field named `wxGLCanvas'

This looks like a syntax error in some code that you don't show. There is
nothing that could provoke this error message in the snippet shown above.

Regards,
VZ

http://www.tt-solutions.com/

Pages: 1