From: Hans-J. Ude on
I've seen that the latest version of the Forte Agent newsreader is
obviously written using wxWidgets. I also see that it's *not* Unicode.
Is that not supported by wx?

Hans

From: Vadim Zeitlin on
On 2010-03-31, Hans-J Ude <news(a)s237965939.online.de> wrote:
> I've seen that the latest version of the Forte Agent newsreader is
> obviously written using wxWidgets. I also see that it's *not* Unicode.
> Is that not supported by wx?

wxWidgets does support Unicode since quite some time (and it's definitely
supported in 2.6.3 that Forte Agent 6.0 seems to use). And even though its
support is relatively limited compared to something like ICU, it's enough
to write applications using Unicode. OTOH wxWidgets doesn't force you to
use Unicode neither and if you can't use it e.g. because other parts of
your program are not Unicode-friendly, you may still build your program
without Unicode support.

Of course, it's [strongly] recommended that you do use it and it will
become even easier in the upcoming 3.0 version.

Regards,
VZ

http://www.tt-solutions.com/
From: Hans-J. Ude on
Vadim Zeitlin schrieb:

>On 2010-03-31, Hans-J Ude <news(a)s237965939.online.de> wrote:
>> I've seen that the latest version of the Forte Agent newsreader is
>> obviously written using wxWidgets. I also see that it's *not* Unicode.
>> Is that not supported by wx?
>
> wxWidgets does support Unicode since quite some time (and it's definitely
>supported in 2.6.3 that Forte Agent 6.0 seems to use).

Thanks Vadim, that's good to know. I'm a programmer myself, using MFC
up to now, but wo knows? In that case I tried FA 6.0 and unfortunately
I saw that it had problems with certain posts. Then I saw the
application isn't unicode itself.

Haj�