From: GT on
Visual Studio 2005. MFC. C++.

I have classes derived from CTreeCtrl and CListCtrl. I would like to
implement a textual popup information window similar to when you hover over
a file in Windows Explorer. I don't know what this popup window is called,
so my googling has not got me anywhere.

What is this 'information popup' called please?
Can such a thing be implemented quickly and easily on a list and a tree?
I expect I need to use the TVS_TRACKSELECT flag, but what events etc should
I override please?

Any tips or pointers?
Any codeguru samples?

Thanks,
GT

From: GT on
"GT" <a.b.c> wrote in message
> Visual Studio 2005. MFC. C++.
>
> I have classes derived from CTreeCtrl and CListCtrl. I would like to
> implement a textual popup information window similar to when you hover
> over a file in Windows Explorer. I don't know what this popup window is
> called, so my googling has not got me anywhere.

I should have added that I use the Codejock Toolkit Pro suite, so the
derived classes are from their toolkit. I can't see a way of implementing
what I'm looking for in their help system, but will keep looking.

From: Tom Serface on
Is this the kind of thing you want to do?

http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/treeview/article.php/c3995

Also this discussion may be interesting to you:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/269837/how-do-i-display-custom-tooltips-in-a-ctreectrl

Tom

From: Steve Achelis on
On Apr 28, 4:25 am, "GT" <a.b.c> wrote:
> Visual Studio 2005. MFC. C++.
>
> I have classes derived from CTreeCtrl and CListCtrl. I would like to
> implement a textual popup information window similar to when you hover over
> a file in Windows Explorer. I don't know what this popup window is called,
> so my googling has not got me anywhere.
>
> What is this 'information popup' called please?

<snip>

I think you are referring to the "tooltips" that appear when you hover
the mouse. See CListCtrl::SetInfoTip (and GetToolTips and
SetToolTips). These are also in CTreeCtrl.

Steve