From: Thaddeus Gillespie on
I built a basic software package that uses MATLAB routines and an Excel spreadsheet user interface with Spreadsheet Link EX acting as middle-man. It works great for me, but moving it to another computer is always a headache.

In a cell where I might have a link function like =MLPutMatrix("var", B2), on another machine it will include my add-in path: ='C:\matlabR2009b\toolbox\exlink\excllink2007.xlam'!MLPutMatrix("var", B2)

After installing the add-in on the other machine, and deleting the extraneous path (so it looks like =MLPutMatrix("var", B2) again) -- or if their machine serendipitously has the exact same add-in path -- it works. However, in making the user interface as simple as possible I've hidden these Link formula cells and I'd rather keep them that way.

I'd like to know how to make my Excel spreadsheet UI portable. Assuming the other machine has MATLAB and some version of Spreadsheet Link EX and Excel, what is the best way with the least end-user reconfiguration?