From: Dkavvadias on
After installing SP 2 for Windows Server 2003 SPS cannot create a portal. Any
help would be appreciated. See below extract from the log:

08:51:25 Portal creation job exception. (status=PortalAdminJobStatusFailed)
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x81070215. --->
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x81070215): Exception from
HRESULT: 0x81070215. at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.CreateSiteInNewDatabase(Int32
lIISInstanceID, String bstrDatabaseServer, String bstrDatabaseName, String
bstrUsername, String bstrPassword, String bstrUrl, String bstrTitle, String
bstrDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String bstrWebTemplate, String bstrOwnerLogin,
String bstrOwnerName, String bstrOwnerEmail, String
bstrSecondaryContactLogin, String bstrSecondaryContactName, String
bstrSecondaryContactEmail) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.a.a(Int32 A_0,
String A_1, String A_2, String A_3, String A_4, String A_5, String A_6,
String A_7, UInt32 A_8, String A_9, String A_10, String A_11, String A_12,
String A_13, String A_14, String A_15) --- End of inner exception stack trace
--- at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.a.a(Int32 A_0, String A_1, String A_2,
String A_3, String A_4, String A_5, String A_6, String A_7, UInt32 A_8,
String A_9, String A_10, String A_11, String A_12, String A_13, String A_14,
String A_15) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(String strSiteUrl,
String strTitle, String strDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String strWebTemplate,
String strOwnerLogin, String strOwnerName, String strOwnerEmail, String
strSecondaryContactLogin, String strSecondaryContactName, String
strSecondaryContactEmail, String strDatabaseServer, String strDatabaseName,
String strUsername, String strPassword) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Install.c.a(j A_0, String A_1, Uri A_2, String
A_3, String A_4, Int32 A_5, String A_6, String A_7, String A_8, String A_9,
String A_10, String A_11, SPVirtualServer& A_12) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Install.c.a(IDictionary A_0) at
System.Configuration.Install.Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver) at
System.Configuration.Install.TransactedInstaller.Install(IDictionary
savedState)

From: Manfred on
Maybe because there is no SP2 for Windows Server 2003.

Did you install the XP SP2 by mistake?

Manfred

From: Dkavvadias on
Thanks for anwering.

I did not install anything but the server administrator did. I dont know
which SP and I don't think is relevant. I should not have mentioned it. The
question remains what is the problem ?