From: Eric on
Not quite the same... but I'm having a similar issue.

I AM a Java Portal Developer ... trying to make a transition into .NET Sharepoint.

From what I've read so far... Sharepoint web parts are the equivalent to portlets... but I don't think they're architecturally designed to work the same way.

Portlets are primarily designed to be applications where as web parts seem to be designed to show content or process forms. Of course portlets can show content and web parts can be more complex.... but it seems as though they lean towards one side. Please let me know if I'm off, since I am just starting to look into Sharepoint.

At any rate, I'd like to make a complex web part that is more like a portlet application.... does anyone out there know of a good resource that will step me through this process. For example... I want this web part to go through a wizard like process from steps 1 to n without doing a post back (aka using AJAX).
OR something like... link A on WebPart A changes the image on WebPart B. (Eventing model of somesort).

Another things I'm missing is.... in the portlet world, we use JSPs to construct our visual elements but in the Sharepoint world... it seems as though the only place that HTML can be processed is in the RenderWebPart method. Am I wrong? I hope so.

Thanks in advance.

Shikhar wrote:

Java Portlets on MOSS2007
09-Apr-07

Hi,

I am a C# guy having no knowledge of J2EE.
One of our cleints have a specific requirement of integrating Java
Portlets onto SharePoint Portal Server.
Though there is plently of documentation about Java Portlets and WSRP
concepts avaialble online but i could not find any documentation which
can give me a simple way of getting the Java Portlets onto SharePoint.

Can anyone please give me any pointer of how this can be done.

Thanks alot.

Regards,
Shikhar

On Monday, April 09, 2007 6:02 AM
Shikhar wrote:

Java Portlets on MOSS2007
Hi,

I am a C# guy having no knowledge of J2EE.
One of our cleints have a specific requirement of integrating Java
Portlets onto SharePoint Portal Server.
Though there is plently of documentation about Java Portlets and WSRP
concepts avaialble online but i could not find any documentation which
can give me a simple way of getting the Java Portlets onto SharePoint.

Can anyone please give me any pointer of how this can be done.

Thanks alot.

Regards,
Shikhar

Join Lists with LINQ - SharePoint 2010